Novell iManager is a state-of-the-art Web-based administration console that provides customized access to network administration utilities and content from virtually any location in the world - and it does so securely, whether inside or outside the firewall.
With iManager, secure, flexible network administration is only a browser away, thanks to a wide range of advanced features.
- Single point of administration for directory objects, schema, partitions, replicas and other network resources
- Management of Novell Open Enterprise Server*, Novell Identity Manager, Novell eDirectory* and many other Novell products through a Web browser
- Role-based Services (RBS) for delegated administration
- Multi-platform support for NetWare, Linux, Windows* and Solaris*.
- Plug-in Studio for easy customization of administration tasks
- Skinable look and feel to customize colors, logos or graphics
- Deployment of the management console as a web service or directly on a Linux or Windows workstation
- New categories for roles and tasks
- Streamlined download and upgrade of plug-ins.
With Web-based administration through iManager, you can do the following:
- Provides separation of duties for administrative functions.
- Get a global view of your network from one browser-based tool
- Proactively assess and respond to your changing network demands from virtually anywhere in the world
- Save time and money by eliminating redundant administration
- Focus on strategic projects that affect the bottom line by delegating simple administrative tasks
- Reduce the demands on IT staff
- Customize your management console without writing a single line of code
- Provide one administrative interface for managing a host of Novell products
With its rich feature set and powerful, bottom-line benefits, Novell iManager takes network administration to a new level of flexibility, security and simplicity.