Businesses need strong security, particularly if they're connected to the
Internet and offer online products and services. Novell iChain is an
identity-based security solution that controls access to network resources
across technical and organizational boundaries.
A key component of the Novell Security and Identity solution family, Novell
iChain includes identity-based Web security services and provides users with
secure authentication and access to portals, Web-based content and Citrix* Thin
Client services. Using iChain, organizations can simplify and centralize
security management, control the use of digital assets across the extended
enterprise and get more from investments in e-business applications.
Novell iChain delivers the following features:
- Reverse-proxy technology that accelerates Web content delivery
- Multiple authentication methods and password protection
- Identity-based authorization and content delivery
- Web single sign-on
- Centralized security management and administration
- Support for AIX*, HP-UX, Linux*, NetWare*, Solaris* and Windows* platforms
- Dynamic data encryption
With Novell iChain, your organization enjoys the following benefits:
- Precise control over digital assets
- Unmatched security that safeguards network data
- Improved end-user experience
- Accelerated return on e-business-application investments
- Reduced administration and security costs
iChain secures, simplifies and accelerates your e-business initiatives.
Because it leverages the identity information stored in Novell eDirectory-the
industry's premier, cross-platform directory service-iChain customizes user
access to authorized network resources. iChain also centralizes Web security
into a common infrastructure that can be used across your organization.